Saturday, October 30, 2010

Who Would Have Thought...

Why are these so much fun?????? And how in the world do you put one of these up there??????

Pax came into my bathroom a couple of weeks ago crying that his nose hurt. After a quick look up the nostril I noticed a red Lego in the right side. I tried and tried to get him to blow it out with no success. After about 5 minutes of blowing a green Lego came flying out the left side. What the heck??? How many of these things did he shove up there? Nick came in with some tools (flashlight and tweezers) and went to work. After an hour (OK it was really 15 minutes but when you are holding a screaming boy down you reserve the right to quadruple the time) Nick took him to the Doctors! 2 hours later Pax returned a happy camper with a sticker, Nick returned home with 2 more Lego's that had been retrieved! Yes that makes a grand total of 3 Lego's up a 2 year olds nose! Course I guess he fits one chubby finger up there daily so heck he's been stretching those nostrils out for months now.

We learned our lesson, no more Legos up noses! Ouch, things up noses hurt right Pax? WRONG! Last week Pax came upstairs yelling "Up nose mom".


I then spent the next 20 minutes blowing melted chocolate chips out his nose! I really can't say how many were up there? 3??? 4??? Both nostrils were used.

In the tub he went...

Out of the tub he went...

Poop I scooped out of the tub...

On the toilet he went...

In the toilet he fell, still wet from tub...


What a morning... What a kid!!!!


6 comments:

PNRBAC said...

HOLY SMOKES!! What a kid!! Glad Ben's never tried that - knock on wood! I worked with a guy in the ER at the UofU hospital who took care of a kid that stuck a micromachine car up his nose and had to have the doctor take it out...an hour later his dad showed up in the ER with the same car stuck up HIS nose...tell Nick not to see how on earth Pax could get a lego stuck up his nose by testing it out on himself.

Chelsey said...

LOL. The joy of little boys. You definitely have your hands full with him, Britt!

Katie said...

So funny, Britt.

Jen Bird said...

oh my gosh!!!! Britt, that is hillarious (after-the-fact), but I would be freaking out!! Paityn about 2 years ago, stuck a mint tic-tac up her nose!! Kids do the funniest things. Thank goodness hers started to melt, but was also starting to burn too! :) KIDS!!!!

Ryan and Brindi said...

lol. that is impressive!

The Anderson's said...

Ha ha this story was hilarious! Although I liked it much better when you told me over the phone:) Can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving!