Monday, November 12, 2007

Did Halloween Pass Already???

We had one of the most interesting Halloweens yet this year at the Siddoway home so we thought, although incredibly late, we would share a few memories with you.

I love the people down here because everyone loves Halloween and it shows. House decorations everywhere, parties galore, and people don't skimp on costumes. Well, except Nick and I this year! (I know we are party poopers, but let me tell you why!)

We started the weekend before Halloween with a ward Trunk or Treat with food, 2 haunted houses, games for the kids and of course the Trunk or Treat. It was Nick's birthday that night so we were partying for many reasons. That next Tuesday Nick and I decided to indulge in some cake that had been sitting out all night and day. Cake that Should Have been refrigerated. Late Tuesday night we were feeling it. So Nick and I got food poisoning Tuesday night and were sick most of Wednesday! Yes on Halloween!!!!! I felt so bad for my kids because mom and dad were down in bed. Thank heavens for parties! Sam had a party first thing in the morning with a little Halloween Parade. As soon as that was over we ran to a preschool party where pumpkins were painted. And both kids enjoyed a party that afternoon with their friends at Erin's house. It was a killer party with games, cookies, music, and ghosts. They had a blast!


Most kids after frosting their cookies wanted to take them home. Not my Sam. She licked the plate clean. We don't believe in letting treats wait at our house! :)

Cooper in his full getup at the party. Sam was a princess of course and my little Coops was her Knight. It was fun!

As we got ready for the big night I made the mistake of leaving our candy for the Trick or Treaters out and Cooper was enjoying a sucker before we ever left the house
This is his "Peeeeeeeeese" face!


Sam my little princess. She is my little poser and I love it!

As we left for the Trick or Treating, the helmet stayed home and was replaced by the sword!

All in all this was the funnest Halloween yet. Because of the yucky tummies that night we saved our traditional Flannery Chili and breadsticks dinner for Thursday and enjoyed Halloween Thursday as well! And although we still listen to our Monster Mash CD (Thanks Heidi) and it is now mid November, I have a feeling that Halloween will continue for quite a while at our house, or until I hide the CD and the costumes! Go Halloween!



9 comments:

The Shupes said...

Sounds like you have a fun Halloween. I love the costumes, they are so cute, probably cause your kids are so cute!!

Lani said...

You have my sympathies about the food poisoning! Annika and I got a stomach bug Sat night and that night and yesterday were SO not fun! But I'm glad your kids had a fun time on Halloween despite the mom and dad's woes!

Mark and Tamarie said...

Cute costumes! That's too bad about the food poisoning. That's fun everyone decorates for Halloween there. I think we were the only ones on our block who decorated for Halloween. In addititon, we had zero trick-or-treaters, so Mark and I ate the candy ourselves. We like candy too. :)

The Clawsons said...

it KILLS me to keep seeing all of your pics with everyone in shorts and flip flops. it KILLS me that we haven't talked in soooooo stinkin' long. it KILLS me about the food poisoning...ya big dorks! so, i'm not quite dead yet, but we better talk soon! we miss you guys so much. everytime we go somewhere fun, trin always suggests that we should invite sam. at playgroup the other day we made "thankful turkeys" and wrote down which friends we were most thankful for on the feathers. guess who made the list?!?!? gotta tell ya...you'd be on my turkey feather, too, brit! love ya!

Camie said...

Talk about SO CUTE! I think those are the cutest costumes- Sam and Cooper look ADORABLE! Sorry to hear about the yucky sickness- dang cake :) Glad you halloween was good other than that. How did Nick's B-day go?

Unknown said...

hey, how are you? i haven't checked your blog in a while.... and i didn't know you were having a baby! that's awesome! congratulations! your kids are soooo cute! hope you are all doing well, and tell your sister hi for me,
love you
ashli

Camie said...

Can't wait to hear about the holiday... how did things go? I've been thinking about you....
PS GO COUGARS 10-17!

Jen Bird said...

Finally checking blogs again and loved hearing about what you've been up to. Bummer you had food poisioning. As if pregnancy isn't enough already. Glad you're feeling better now. I need to call you and hear how you're doing. You'll be visiting c-ville real soon now so we'll have to make sure we do dinner again this year. Your kids are so stink'n cute and I can't believe how big they are. Love you guys!! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Brian & Michelle said...

Hey Siddoways! I found your blog via Erin Guerena's blog! Way cute Halloween costumes! Sorry that you guys were sick.

Hope to see you guys at the ward party tonight!

You can check out our blog if you want at shermanites.blogspot.com