Friday, March 7, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!!!!

Sam had her first T-Ball game the other night and it was a blast! All of her games are only a couple of minutes away and the weather is so perfect (sorry Utahns). They are the Coyotes and they 'howl' every chance they get!




Samantha giving us the 'I'm ready' thumbs up!
It is so fun because Sam knows most of the little kids on her team. Between preschool, neighbors, and the ward I think that covers 90% of the kids on the team! Here are some of her buddies waiting patiently for their turn to bat.
The first time at bat she was a lefty, and in this video she was a righty....I guess she will be our first switch hitter.


Sam's first time around the bases was more of a skip. I think it is a girl thing!

Cooper watching Sam playing in the outfield. Everynight Nick goes out back to practice T-Ball with Coop and Sam. At the game Coop couldn't understand why he couldn't go practice with Sam. He cried, "T-Ball, daddy" over and over again for the first 20 min. (p.s. for all the Utahns who I never see, I CUT MY HAIR! 14" off. All I can say is short hair is easy and I like easy!)


Sam made it home and was so proud of herself.

A little celebrating the big win after the game. (Everyone wins and that is the great part about T-Ball.) Sam with some of her best friends Carson and Kiki. Poor Kiki was not quite old enough to be on the team. But she has declared herself to be the bat girl!


And the final face of the game... Coop finally got his glove back (AKA Sams princess mit) and was showing us his 'Happy Face' to the camera while mumbling "my mitt"!

15 comments:

Beth said...

Cute pictures!

Chels said...

Your kids are sooo cute, how fun for Sam.
p.s. I LLLOOOVVEE your hair
p.s. I am so jealous about the weather, send some our way, please.

Melissa said...

I remember playing t-ball when I was little. At the first game I went up to bat, got scared, ran away crying and never went back:)
Jeff cannot wait we are at our kids t-ball games!! HOW FUN!!
And I absolutley love you hair brit!!

Jenna said...

Nick,
This is Greg. I'm happy to see that you're teaching your kids the greatest game ever invented. I can't wait until I can do that with my own. Looks like some great weather! We miss you guys.

Jill said...

oh what fun! t-ball means great weather & spring. i loved playing when i was a kid.
great pics. you have such a cute family!

Azure said...

Nick......it's Azure!!!! It's been a long time. I found your blog somehow through friends. Anyway, what a cute family you have. Crazy to see that we all have a family of our own now. Um, where do you live now where there is nice weather. That would be nice!!! Anyway, once again cute kids.

Brandi said...

T-Ball is so fun! I love that each child gets to have their moment of fame when they bat, and everyone wins. We don't start T-Ball here until April. I can't wait!

Also, I set my blog to private. If you want, you can email me and I'll add you to the list. ericandbrandilynn@yahoo.com

Ben said...

Hi, Guys! It's Stacy (Nichols) Hoeksel! Steph and I were playing around online tonight and we found your blog through friends of friends. It is SO great to see your family!
We miss you guys!
I just have to say - it is HILLARIOUS how much Sam looks like you, Brit. You two are identical!!!
Also - your hair is really cute.

Anyhow - I was just really excited to see your blog, and so I had to say "hi"!!!
Take care!!!

britt said...

so cute brit! that was brave! I did the same thing las Christmas but it was like a boy...sad but it grows back, but I love your length, that is about where mine is now. And I can't get over how adorable Sam is! I can't wait see evie out on a field of some kind some day!

Chelsey said...

It must be so fun to watch your kids at all of their activities (t-ball, dance, etc). They are both just so cute! And I really like your hair. It's nice to have a change sometimes.

Jill said...

Love it! I love the one of Sam and Beth's little girl. HOw fun for them.

Jen Bird said...

YOU CUT YOUR HAIR....me too!! It's so much easier than long hair, huh. SO CUTE ON YOU!! I love the whole tee-ball thing...it reminds me of the time we played each other and didn't even know each other. Now we're the best of friends...so funny!! I need to call you and see how you're doing. Your little baby will be here really soon!

the Eggett's said...

Hey Nick and Brittney! This is Amber Eggett. I was so glad to see your comment on our blog. I have to confess that I secretly stock your blog sometimes (found it through the Legers) cause your family is so stinkin cute. So we somewhat have an idea of what you guys are up to. We actually came down to AZ last week and LOVED it. Jake was actually interested in a position but it was in Tucson. We don't think we will end up moving down there, although we would LOVE to. Everything is so nice down there! It puts Utah to shame. Anyway, your kids are so darling, and congrats on #3 arriving soon. Brittney, your short hair is cute. You are beautiful. Glad that we can keep up on the blog world. . . Call us next time you are in Utah!

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

Siddoway! Whats up man? Long time no see. Your kids are adorable. we just had our first on the 10th. I'm glad I found your blog. I look forward to seeing what your fam is up to.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

your little girl is soo cute nad looks JUST LIKE YOU!