Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And We Shall Call Him Stitch Face...

Well we had our first Emergency Room visit on Sunday night. We have never had to take any of our kids to the ER before until Sunday. Poor Pax had a little accident and ended up getting 4 stitches right above his eye. Someone (me) put Pax on the bed (knew better) and he crawled right over the pillows falling right off the bed. Our bed is extremely high so the poor kid fell a good 3-4 feet. He hit our nightstand on Nicks side (does that make it a little bit Nicks fault and not so much mine :) Anyway it is ok to laugh about it now because he if fine but it was so scary. Head wounds always bleed so much and Pax was bleading like crazy! It was a good thing that Nick was there because mom kind of lost it a little! It just scared me so bad. Anyway Pax was a tough kid and when we go to the hospital he just flirted with every nurse he saw. Smiling and giggling. Like nothing was even wrong. When it was time to do the stitches we had to wrap him up like a mummy and hold him down. Then they put a blue towel over his face with a little opening for his cut and eye. Poor kid, it was soooo scary! He cried so hard and loud I think he completely wore himself out because during the last stitch he actually fell asleep. He was so brave though and too bad Halloween wasn't this week. He could have been Frankenstien! I LOVE YOU PAX! And I am sorry!


9 comments:

Lani said...

Aw. Those little stitches are cute... is that weird? Maybe it's just 'cause they're complimented by those stunning blue eyes? Now he can match Annika and her scar-face forehead!

Candace said...

Oh that doesn't look bad at all. And he is so cute, it couldn't have happened to a braver kid I'm sure. His recovery looks good too, I'm sure he is going to be back to his dare devil self before you know it.

Brandi said...

Yes, but he's a cute stitch face! Do you just pinch his cute cheeks all day? Don't feel too bad. If you knew all of the times I put my children's lives in danger in one day...seriously!

I loved reading about your vacation. I agree with you about camping. We went last week and I have avoided it for awhile because of the 2 year old. They had so much fun and slept great at night. And, they loved it!

Jill said...

HOw scary for you, but he is ok and now you should be better prepared for the next kid to go to the ER :) Just kidding, but you are a great mom and your kids are so loved, Amanda fell off our bed 2 times, no nightstand in the way, but it did take me 2 times to know not to put the baby on the bed. I guess I'm a little slow.

Aika said...

Wow... What an experience. Now you can say that you've been to the ER on account of your kids. Isn't that a rite of passage for parenthood. hahhaa... Poor kid... I'm glad that Paxton is all right and doing good. He's still so cute! Even cuter with stitches. :)

Chels said...

HI!!!! It has been forever since we have talked and I miss you! Poor little Paxton, Carter totally had to be wrapped up like a mummy for his stitches too. So sad!
We need to talk soon, Halloween is coming up so fast!
Love-chels

Lincoln and Alisia said...

Oh my gosh!! Poor boy!!

As far as Kim. I sent her a wedding invite and heard updates from her through Bambi when I worked at Tux by Lees on Saturdays last year. I wish I knew more. I heard she is oh so happy and living in Arizona.

Chelsey said...

Well, you just need to use his new look for his Halloween costume...

Anonymous said...

oh my word! hes a mini Nick - or should i say Yoda?!? love you guys! Doesn't a trip to Cali sound fun?