Thursday, July 19, 2007

Our Surprise Trip to Utah!

Both Nick and I love surprises; so we drove up to Utah and surprised both the families! It was a blast. Nick's older sis Britt was visiting from St Louis so we couldn't pass up the chance to see them!



We decided to split up the trip in two days instead of driving strait through. (Stacy and Andrew are brave to do it in one!) We drove half way to St. George and spent the night at Grandma Dodies and Papa Jerry's. Sam loves her Grandma Dodie! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!



Right when we got to Utah the fun began. We decided to hit up Bountiful's "Hot Spot" and go bowling that first night. The Siddoway family took up 4 lanes, 32 shoes, and about 50 balls. We had a lot of strikes, a lot of spares, and even more gutter balls (thanks to me)! It was a blast!!

That next day was Saturday and all of the women in the family had a baby shower to go to. So... the men took the kids and took charge!


Yes... the men took the kidlets ice blocking; and they loved it! What fun dads they have!!!


Here are some of the grandkids taking a breather with their Papa Craig after a hard days work... of ice blocking!!!!


On the fourth of July we sat in the usual family spot for the annual Centerville parade tradition. I think July 4th is celebrated more in Centerville, UT than Christmas is! We missed Grandma and Papa Flannery, but still had a lot of fun waving flags and getting candy!





Cooper was in awe most of the time! Go Centerville Parade!


Here are some other pictures of the Siddoway Fam just enjoying and relaxing the 'cooler' weather!



All in all it was a really good trip. We were soooo glad that we made the journey because we were able to see our Grandma Barbie before she passed away! What a blessing to be able to say goodbye. On the drive home we were greeted with some major fires. The smoke was so thick, and it was all sort of scary. Couldn't leave without some great photos though!!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Britt- I didn't even know you started a blog, I am so excited! Your kids are seriously the cutest! I hate that I had to hear how your Utah trip was from your blog, we need to get together more!

Brandi said...

That is so fun that you surprised everyone! How long of a drive is it? We just did Cali in one trip and it was MISERABLE! 14 hrs!!! I'll never do that again. Anyway, you look AWESOME! Better than ever! Give me your secret. I can't get these baby lbs off from Maya!

Camie said...

Britt-
Your blog is looking awesome, I am really impressed with your amazing photos of the sunset- you photographer you :). It looks like the trip was fun- I bet the best part was seeing your best friend :). I wish we could have gotten the kids together- next time. We send our love and sympathy for your grandma. Lots of Love!

Anonymous said...

look at my cute little photographer sister! you are going to make it big someday. please remember the little people....