Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jedi's in Training!

We actually celebrated Coopers birthday on his REAL birthday this year for the first time! It is two days after Christmas and I am always exhausted by the 27Th so we usually celebrate it on the 28Th or 29Th. I always figured that he had no clue so why not. Then my children started getting smarter and growing up and learning how to read calendars. So the 27Th it was this year! He decided on a Star Wars birthday party this year and Nick and I started planning it the night before around 9pm! I am not sure how much sleep (if any) we got that night but I do know it was worth it. He was one happy kid.


When the boys (not sure why it has to be a all boys party, the only girl allowed was Sam and it was because she bribed him) arrived they got their Jedi names (their names spelled backwards) and the training began. They all had a light saber and had to practice using them. They couldn't let the balloons touch the ground, they had to pop bubbles outside. We even let them practice using the force and they went outside to see if their force was strong enough to open the garage. Amazingly enough it opened! :)






















We had to save Princess Leah and we were attacked by a asteroid shower and had to find all the missing asteroids. And after they had completed all their training Darth Vader (Nick dressed up) came down to fight them. Around 1am I decided I wanted to make a pinata of the Death Star and let the kids use their sabers to beat it and get candy. So we made the pinata and when I went to get it at 8 the next morning it was still soaking wet. So when Nick came down dressed up he had a whole bunch of candy in his cloak and every time the kids whacked him he would throw some candy out. He was our own moving pinata. It was hilarious!



















We made R2D2 for the cake. It was fun to venture out and try something different but it did take a lot of work and when it was time to cut the cake I had a hard time doing it. I made Nick cut it in the back! :)


He loved it and that's all the mattered! Happy Birthday Coop!!!

1 comment:

Lani said...

Holy cow! That cake is AMAZING. You are the coolest mom, Brit! Happy b-day Cooper!