Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FALL.. the season I longed for and never got for the last 5 years!!


Fall is what I missed most while living in Arizona. Not the snow but the leaves. All the beautiful colors, the breezy afternoons, the smell of it. Yes there is a 'Fall Smell'! I missed it so much, so you better believe that we took every chance we could get to enjoy it. One weekend my sister, Brooke, invited us up to their condo in Midway. We had a blast carving pumpkins, launching pumpkins, and just rolling in the leaves. We loved every minute of it.












Cooper trying to mimic the pumpkins face that he just carved.




Over at the Homestead up in Midway they had this HUGE slingshot that the kids put mini pumpkins in and launched them as far as they could. It was so fun to see the pumpkins soar and then split into a million pieces! It provided hours of entertainment and made me start to wonder how I could build one of these at home.






Back in Bountiful we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins. It was a lot of fun because we always got our pumpkins at Wal-mart in AZ, but I decided that I officially have the most indecisive kids in the world. From picking out a pumpkin to picking out a treat at the store it takes FOREVER!! I bet Cooper picked up every pumpkin in that patch and ended up with the first one he saw. I totally blame this indecisive quality on their dad. :) It all goes back to him being rushed to pick his candy bar for the movies when he was 5. he he

Paxton decided on the warty pumpkin that I LOVED until we tried to carve it. Word of advice... YOU CAN"T CARVE PUMPKINS THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS. Don't even try it because you will end up with bent knives and a sad little boy who just wants a carved pumpkin. Thank heavens he was only 3 and I could convince him that drawing a face on a pumpkin was soooooo much cooler than carving one. :)



Loved the Leaves, Loved the smell, Loved the memories. Now off to Winter!! Not so much love there! :)

3 comments:

ms.mooy said...

Man you make cute kids...I just hope I can compete with that.

Mark and Tamarie said...

Very cute post. You take great pictures of your cute kids. Miss you tons! Hope you are enjoying the Utah seasons.

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف سيارات بالرياض