Nick and I tried to go camping last month with the kids up in Sedona, AZ but didn't realize that you either reserve a camping spot or you don't camp. So we drove the two hours up there, did a little hiking, did a little shopping and then drove back home. Sedona was voted the most beautiful place to visit in America just barely by the New York Times so with us only living two hours away we couldn't ignore it any longer. The only problem is that everyone else already knows about Sedona and so there are millions of people there every week. No hotel rooms, no camp spots, everything is always booked up all of the time!
When we got home that night and after we roasted 'smarshmellows' over our mini Coleman stove, Nick reserved a camping spot for us. Sure it was a month away but we got one of the last spots!
We left Friday and met some of our friends up there, the Allens and the Hoyts, to enjoy some nice, COOL camping weather!

It took us about 2 hours to set up our tent. Coop and Sam helped every step of the way. Way to be patient Nick!
As it got dark we had to put jackets and sweatshirts on. My kids haven't seen those in over a year!

My kids were so excited to finally get to roast 'smarshmellow' over a real fire.
In the morning the Hoyts cooked up a killer breakfast. Afterwards the girls enjoyed their Hot Chocolate...


I love my little Cheeto faces!
And the boys enjoying their Cheetos!
After some munchies we went down to the river next to our camp site. It was beautiful. The water was extremely cold but was the clearest water I've ever seen!
It was so cold the Cooper and Sam would not touch it for the life of them. They clung onto their dad for safety.

After awhile they had no choice but to enjoy it. Their dad put them down and after a few screams they were loving it! I on the other hand stayed on shore dipping a toe every once in awhile!
Even Nick enjoyed lounging in the river.

The highlight of the whole trip?? Sam catching her first fish! Craig brought his fishing pole and let Sam help him reel in a fish. She thought she was pretty hot stuff catching a fish!
The proud fisherman with his accomplished apprentice! Way to go Sam and thanks so much Craig! You made her day!
After awhile they had no choice but to enjoy it. Their dad put them down and after a few screams they were loving it! I on the other hand stayed on shore dipping a toe every once in awhile!
Even Nick enjoyed lounging in the river.The highlight of the whole trip?? Sam catching her first fish! Craig brought his fishing pole and let Sam help him reel in a fish. She thought she was pretty hot stuff catching a fish!
The camping trip was a huge success, full of campfire stories, campfire goodies and a visit from a skunk, who did not want to leave! We love Sedona!





8 comments:
hey you guys!
how are you? i came across your blog today, and your kids are so cute! we have a neice named after sedona, but we haven't been there yet. i hope you guys are doing good! we are in belize with peace corps. it's been crazy. we have a blog too, losmurdocks.blogspot.com. anyway, good to 'see' you guys,
love ashli murdock mcswain
Hey! I just found the link to your blog on Heidi's blog. Love it! Where did you guys find such cool templates for your backgrounds? I'd love to see more of your photography!
Britt-
It looks like it was a blast! Camping really is a bonding experience for the whole family, nothing like being dirty and cooking over the fire. I think your pictures are so pretty, Sedona looks gorgeous. We should have Nick reserve us a spot for next year, we could pull the trailer down and all go camping. I love the cheeto faces! They are adorable! Hope you have a fabulous day! Your the BEST!
What a blast! I have a brand new appreciation for nature out here. It is so refreshing to be outdoors (especially when it involves water or mountains). I love the pic of your kids clinging to Nick for dear life. Hilarious :)
What a fun little trip with your fam! Looks like you might have a little fisher-woman on your hands! Looks like a beautiful place to visit. Devin and I really need to enjoy the outdoors more before it gets too cold. :-) good reminder!
Ahem...atleast I'm not camping with "other" friends, and having hot chocolate with them, no less! Love ya babes! How was grocery shopping?
I love, love, LOVE camping! What a fun family activity. It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm glad that the camping trip worked out in the end.
Britt, I am jealous! I haven't been camping in a long time. Next time we come to Arizona, maybe we can go camping together. Mark knows of a place to camp, thanks to his upbringing in Mesa, Arizona. (Yea for Arizona residents.) Also, Mark comments all the time about your adorable daughter, Samantha. He thinks she's very cute.
Post a Comment