Sam has never been your typical girly girl. Although princesses and dress-ups are an everyday occurrence... so are mud fights, climbing on walls, and skinned knees. So one day my kids will be covered in necklaces and purses, both boy and girl, and the next day they will be covered in mud and grass. It makes life interesting. It also creates a unique relationship between my two cute kids. No matter what they are doing, they do it together. Barbies, trucks, coloring, rock throwing contests; their buds through it all and I love it! Don't get me wrong, we have our fair share of "that's mine" screaming contests, and Sam has definitely lost quite a bit of hair these last 6 months from Cooper pulling it out, but through it all the end result is a big hug and a smooch from Coops to Sam. 
This is the latest trend (I use this word carefully hoping that it will soon fade out) in our home. I set up a little studio in my office a couple of weeks ago to do a photo shoot for my friend and never took it down. Sam and Cooper took everything off the table and it is now there "death-defying" toy! This is how it all starts, innocent enough.

It quickly turns into this.

And this is the end result. Cooper won't do it by himself so Sam just grabs his hand and off they go together! Jumping off the table landing on a bean bag. Yes, there have been a few tears shed. So, why do I continue to let this go on? While I work on my computer this is how they keep busy, and they keep busy for hours. That's why!

And I had to post this picture of Sam and her sleeping habits. Or I guess I should say her bad sleeping habits. We had our friends the Bucks over this weekend and had a Transformers movie night. Poor Sam just couldn't stay in her bed with all the excitement going on. After many attempts to keep her upstairs both Nick and I thought we finally conquered our sleepy, yet strong willed, little girl. When the movie was over and we got up we found a little surprise. I love my Samantha!





29 comments:
Your kids are so cute...and adventurous! I can never get over how much Sam looks like you. I love it!
I am so glad that Cooper and Sam get along. That's a lot of fun, but I do have to give credit to their mommy-way to go Brittney on teaching them how to get along. Congratulations on a new baby boy who is on the way.
Britt - adorable kids!!! They are both getting sooo big. It is fun to see them being buds.
P.S. I love the blog!
This is such an awesome post to document what your kids are up to at the moment - they will love to look back at these and laugh - I really love the expressions you caught on their jumping pictures. You have such cute kids! I hope I get to see you & meet them before long.
Love the stair-sleeping one! Gotta love those moments.
I love it! I am still laughing about the way Sam chose to sleep... it looks so uncomfortable but I guess she was closer to the party :). I also love the pictures of them jumping, it looks fun- count me in! It is times like that you have to do what you have to do :)- whatever works! They seem like best buds- I can't wait till Brigs is older so he and Addie can entertain themselves. So cute! Thanks for posting... your the best.
PS What days are you coming out for Christmas?
yikes, i've only been gone for not even two months and in that first pic sam looks like this 10-year old super model that i don't even recognize! tell her to stop! love ya babes!
I love the picture of them holding hands and jumping onto the bean bag! Coops face is hilarious!
So, I just read your comment on Jen's blog about comments... so I am going to take this time and be silly... I promise this is the first and only time I will ever do this, but I thought you would like to top at least 20 comments :) LOL
A trip down memory lane....
Remember that time you set off the smoke alarm when you were cooking at college? That was funny :)
Or do you remember the time we washed our white load of laundry with your red shirt... I hate pink when they are suppose to be white! What a nightmare!
It was even funnier all the mornings you woke up and found pen marks all over your pillow because you would always sleep with pens in your hair...
Or the times when you wouldn't sleep in your bed, rather the couches or try and make my bed the same way I did when I went home for the weekends because you thought my bed was more comfortable because I actually invested in a foam pad... I always knew :)
Driving around Provo in that old Mercedes Benz Diesel aka "The Boat!" with that huge sun roof... remember that car??
Or even better when you got your new Saturn and we went down to the Manti Pagent and you almost got that ticket... that was wrong that a cop would flirt :)
Alright... I am really laughing just thinking about these memories!
What about that silly man rack that we had from the tux shop that we use to hang all of our scarves and hats on...
or the time we were so poor that all we did was crochet because we decided to make hats and scarves for Christmas gifts :)
remember Jenny our roomate....
Gotta love the basement windows... those were the days! Do you remember the time my mom came looking for us in her bathrobe and fell into the room--- ohhhh....
TA's for Miss Wilcox... I don't think we were ever on time
I'm really on a roll and you are now at 22 comments- are you proud of me :)- only three more to go
So right now I am thinking I am retarded for doing this, but do you remember helping me plan all of the Enrichment Activites in our College Ward, or making the curtains in our apartment... or better yet highlighting our hair and then those Branbury boys hair
I swear I have better things to be doing (like taking care of my family :) ) but I really want you to hit 25! What else is there... oh ya! The time those silly boys stole my picture frame and replaced it with pictures of themselves... that was awful! I was so mad!
There you go! You are the BEST!!!
Britt--very cute! Life's never boring right! Your kids are soooo cute!
hahahaa, camie you crack me up! my first thought was "my goodness 27 comments!"
You are miss popular huh? Thanks to camie. Okay your little girls smile in the first picture is so you. I can't believe how much she looks like you in that picture. You have such cute kids. I'm so happy I found your blog, I love looking at it. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment